[HCM] Tổ Chức Lao Động Quốc Tế ILO Tuyển Dụng Điều Phối Viên Dự Án Quốc Gia 2018 (Hạn cuối: 26/01)
To achieve the goal of decent work for all in Viet Nam, the ILO Country Office in Viet Nam operates through the Decent Work Country Programme (DWCP) 2017-2021, which is the main vehicle for delivery of ILO support in the country. Its’ three main priority areas are (i) Employment and Sustainable Enterprise Development (ii) Social Protection for all (iii) Labour Market Governance. In the implementation of the DWCP, the ILO Office works in close partnership with the Government of Viet Nam, in particular its technical line ministry, MOLISA and its social partners, the employers’ and workers’ organizations. The Vietnam DWCP is an integral part of the One UN Strategic Plan 2017-2021.
Within the context of the National Action Plan for the implementation of the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda in Vietnam, the program aims at strengthening constituents’ engagement in integrating the decent work agenda in employment policies and facilitating their engagement and influence in SDG related processes, in particular making progress towards the realisation of SDG8 and its related indicators and fostering its linkages with other SDG indicators that are relevant for Vietnam.
In line with the Government’s roadmap, the programme will specifically (i) build the capacity of Government and social partners to identify, produce, analyse and monitor SDG targets and indicators for which the ILO is custodian with a focus on SDG8 (ii) support the acceleration, implementation and monitoring of specific SDG8 related targets and indicators by supporting the implementation of employment policies and programmes and promoting the role of employment and labour market issues at the core of policy making processes.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Review, analyze and make use of the opportunities offered by the national development frameworks, policies, strategies, programmes and priorities, available statistical data, reports and other information relevant to implementation of the interventions;
2. Cooperate closely with corresponding Government partners, Workers’ and Employers’ Organizations, research/study institutions and other relevant national and international development partners, including other UN agencies, as required, to expedite the project implementation and meet its targets;
3. Perform, coordinate and report on the project administrative and financial work. This includes making cost estimates and budgets, preparing and checking supporting/justification documents, requesting funds and payments. Seek the most rational use of funds and ensure compliance with established ILO rules and procedures;
4. Monitor progress and implementation of work-plans by reviewing, verifying and analyzing the situation and make appropriate actions, draft activity reports, progress and final reports;
5. Document the project activities in details and maintain the accurate record of the project ’s performance in line with the requirements of the ILO and the M&E framework reflecting achievement of the project ’s performance indicators and targets, respective country programme outcomes as well as the 2030’s agenda;
6. Organize and coordinate, in collaboration with the tripartite constituents and stakeholders, activities aiming to raise awareness on ILO related SDG targets and indicators;
7. Collect the required information and prepare drafts of the news, press releases, official correspondence, briefs, statements and speeches, and other relevant internal and public information material in English, and in Vietnamese; compile relevant materials to promote knowledge sharing within the office, the UN, donors and media;
8. Identify, inform and advise on recruitment of national experts and contractors for implementation of the activities, assist in drafting the Terms of Reference;
9. Coordinate assistance provided by specialists and consultants in the view of raising awareness and building capacity of national constituents in SDG processes;
10. Manage the organization and preparation of conferences, seminars, workshops, training sessions at the national level as well as trips of local stakeholders abroad, and secure all important administrative and logistical arrangements for the events;
11. Closely collaborate with other relevant technical specialists, program staff and national project coordinators of the Country Office to identify and take advantage of opportunities for enhanced project synergy and greater outcome, including a good fit of the intervention within the Viet Nam country’s priorities, Employment and Skills cluster and also more broadly the DWCP 2017-2021;
12. Upon the request of the supervisor, represent the ILO to SDG processes at the national level, participate and provide inputs to relevant technical group and Joint Result Group within the One UN context and find synergies with relevant agencies and partners for the implementation of activities with joint efforts;
13. Supervise the work of support staff
14. Undertake missions needed for activities implementation and monitoring purposes, normally within the country and accompany other officials;
15. Perform other duties as they may be assigned by the Director of the Country Office.
Education: University degree in social science, economics, business, or a related discipline, or equivalent in experience. An advanced degree on studies on labour and employment labour would be a strong advantage.
Experience: One to two years of proven professional experience at the national level in program management, coordination and implementation. Technical experience in the field of employment, labour market policies, economic development, research and statistics or related fields is highly desirable; Experience in coordinating and implementing large-scale programs funded by international development organizations and sound knowledge of UN applicable procedures of performance planning, contracting, monitoring and reporting requirements.
Languages: Excellent command of English and Vietnamese
Competencies: Demonstrated ability to implement and manage technical co-operation projects of international organizations; Ability to work effectively in an international project team and participate in technical and advisory missions to the provinces; Ability to prepare reports of a sound technical quality; Strong analytical skills and ability to justify requirements and approaches to problem resolution and good drafting skills; Knowledge of programme and budget, project administration and project evaluation concepts and procedures. Good organisational skills; Ability to supervise support staff; Proficient in basic computer software (Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and WP).
Only candidates under positive consideration will be notified.