[HN] Đại Học Bắc Carolina, Chapel Hill (UNC) Tuyển Dụng Trợ Lý Dự Án 2018 (Hạn cuối: 31/01)
The University of North Carolina research team has been conducting research building capacity in northern Vietnam 15 years. We have been conducting a number of randomized control trials (RCTs). The UNC team has expertise with both behavioral and clinical research and has studied a variety of infectious diseases and comorbid conditions in men and women from general and key populations. The UNC-VN was also chosen to conduct HPTN 083, a clinical trial to evaluate the safety and efficacy of the injectable agent, cabotegravir (CAB LA), for pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) in HIV-uninfected cisgender men and transgender women who have sex with men (MSM and TGW). This is a double blind, two-arm randomized trial and will be implemented in 5 years. We are now seeking a talented, dedicated and committed individual to join our team in Vietnam to conduct a new and exciting research study. This study is conducted in a cooperation with the 198 Hospital and study site for participant recruitments based in Yen Hoa Health Clinic of Cau Giay Health District Center.
Position: 01 Project Assistant
Based in Hanoi.
Report to: Clinical Coordinator at the HPTN083 site
Doctors at the HPTN083 site
The incumbent of this position is responsible to support HPTN083 project activities and other requires.
I. Assist HPTN083 physicians in participant’s folder preparation and during health examination of participant’s visits:
- Prepare participant’s records, test tubes, equipment, supplies, vehicles for the appointment. Prepare and make sure the clinical room ready for the physical checking.
- Evaluate the high-risk behavior, behavior and acceptability as procedures of each study visit as requirements.
- Collect and update participants’ demographic and contact information
- Evaluate Social Impact in a designed form
- Send the sample to lab room and receive the test results.
- Send the prescription to the pharma room and receive medicine, distribute to participants.
- Count left over study drug and evaluate the level of adherence of the participants.
- Instruct participants to detect, monitor and report the side effects of thestudy drugs.
- Consult the participants on adherence to study drug.
- Notify participants about the next appointment.
- Inform the doctors and Research Clinical Coordinator about the strange and additional things arise during the study.
- Complete the forms requested by the study.
- Complete other tasks as required by HPTN 083 physicians and Research Clinical Coordinator
II. Interview health behaviors of the study participants using specific surveys
- Support the participants to complete Computer Assisted Self Interview (CASI) by themselves
- Interview health behavior of study participants using the study online questionnaire
III. Check the participant records entry data from the participant record to a database and manage the records and database:
- Check the completeness of information in the data sheets and participants’ records.
- Data entry as required by the study
- Data entry using Medidata Rave software.
- Monitor and report unusual cases during data entry using CASI and Medidata Rave.
- Check participant’s records and database as directed.
- Manage and store data collection sheets and participants’ records according to the regulations and guidelines of the project.
- Monitor, report data entry progress; clean and check the data
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of participants’ information recorded in the data collection sheets, records and the database.
IV. Manage the clinical rooms and facilities:
- Monitor, maintain the equipment and supplies in the clinical room daily.
- Manage the equipment and materials in the clinical rooms. Be proactive in planning, purchasing, repairing and maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Check, monitor and record the temperature and humidity of the clinic and the sampling room daily.
- Guide and supervise the nurse’ aide implement their work in the clinical rooms and sampling rooms daily.
V. Other tasks:
- Participate in periodic meetings of the clinical team, staff meetings of the project and other meetings at the UNC Viet Nam office.
- Participate in training courses as required by the project
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Good communication skill, teamwork skill, problem-solving skill.
- Respect the difference, be careful, honest and have high responsibility.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.)
- Having a degree/college or BA in nursing is an advantage
- Having experience working with people living with HIV and LBGT is an advantage
Salaries and Benefits: Competitive salary
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter with contacts of three references and a CV to Ms. Luong Thi My Ly at email@example.com CC firstname.lastname@example.org (in the subject line, please put “UNC Project Assistant”) or by post to the UNC office at Yen Hoa Health Clinic, Lot E2, Duong Dinh Nghe street, no later than 31 Jan 2018
We are sorry that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.