[HN] Hiệp Hội Bảo Tồn Động Vật Hoang Dã WCS Tuyển Dụng Cán Bộ Chương Trình 2018 (Hạn cuối: 26/01/2018)
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is a non-profit, private organization that saves wildlife and wild places worldwide through science, conservation action, education, and inspiring people to value nature. WCS has been working to strengthen the commitment and capacity of the Vietnamese government to combat wildlife trafficking since 2006 and have established a well-respected presence in the country, providing support to a range of government agencies. We have generated a wide range of reliable data on a number of related issues and trained over 1,100 law enforcement officers from a range of agencies in investigation and enforcement techniques, and distributed a number of technical handbooks and guides. We have assisted central agencies to review and propose criminal intelligence analysis systems, inter-agency agreements and cooperation, national legislation, and have supported bi-lateral dialogues to suppress the wildlife trade and strengthen Viet Nam’s enforcement response.
Job Title: Program Officer
Reports To: Law Enforcement Assistance Manager
Department/Group: Law Enforcement Assistance
II. SCOPE OF WORK
The Program Officer will work under the supervision of the Law Enforcement Assistance Manager. S/he is supporting to development and implementation of law enforcement support activities in all WCS Viet Nam projects.
III. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
A.Legal consultation and legal reforms
- Conducts and provides inputs to legal and policy analyses to identify gaps, challenges and provide recommendations to improve enforcement effectiveness;
- Manages activities relating to legal reforms including research, analysis, event organization;
- Assists in searching for evidences and documenting policy advocacy and communication processes;
- Provide legal inputs on wildlife cases to maximize the effectiveness of law enforcement activities;
- Provides technical inputs on legal matters arise during WCS operation.
B.Capacity building to Law Enforcement Agencies
- Supports to implement a monitoring framework for measuring wildlife crime and enforcement effectiveness at multiple scales and across agencies;
- Provides legal inputs to the WCS Vietnam’s identification tools (giamdinhloai);
- Develop training materials regarding to legal framework on CWT;
- Works closely with legal experts to ensure content of training is consisted with legal framework and WCS’s strategy.
C.Networking & Partnership
- Supports and maintains partnerships with key government agencies at central and provincial levels in Viet Nam, research/academic institutions, CSOs, NGOs and individuals relating to wildlife law enforcement.
D.Workplan and Budget Management
- Contributes to work plans, quarterly reports and all other requested reports;
- Contributes to performance reporting for law enforcement support activities in WCS Vietnam.
- Provides inputs in proposal development including technical and financial ones;
- Supports on other fundraising activities, as requested.
- Contributes to the development of WCS Viet Nam policies and strategies;
- Acts as WCS’s representative at provincial and national level/meetings/workshops as required;
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the direct supervisor.
- A bachelor’s degree in Laws, Procuracy, Judiciary or related field;
- Have relevant experience as project/programme officer;
- Language: English and Vietnamese language is essential to effective performance in this position;
- Fluency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of Viet Nam law enforcement systems and legislation.
In addition, the following qualifications are assets:
- Master degree in criminology, law enforcement, law or a related field;
- Previous experience in the conservation/environmental sector;
- Experience with managing data/databases or requiring careful manipulation of information
- Experience in working with Government Ministries and Law Enforcement agencies
- Working experience in an organisation providing support to law enforcement agencies or within a law enforcement agency.
- Time management
- Critical thinking, problem solve and resourcefulness
- Task prioritization
- Work well under pressure
- Team building
- Result orientation
- Data management & analysis
How to apply
- Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the detailed curriculum vitae with letter of application in English, including copies of relevant certificates and reference, please send your application package to: email@example.com CC firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline 26/01/2018
- Title: “WCS_PO_Full name”
Applications will be treated in confidence. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs cannot be returned. Any question, please contact 024.3826.5118 (Mr. Thang or Ms. Quyen).