RECOFTC – The Center for People and Forests holds a unique and important place in the world of forestry. It is the only international not-for-profit organization that specializes in capacity development for community forestry and devolved forest management. RECOFTC engages in strategic networks and effective partnerships with governments, non-government organizations, civil society, the private sector, local people, as well as with research and educational institutes throughout the Asia-Pacific region and beyond. With 30 years of international experience and a dynamic approach to capacity development-involving research, analysis and synthesis; strategic communication; training and learning networks; and piloting and demonstrating – RECOFTC delivers innovative solutions for people and forests.
RECOFTC is currently providing an opportunity for an internship for a dynamic individual who wants to gain invaluable experience working with Viet Nam Country Program (VCP) in Hanoi. The successful applicant will be based at Viet Nam country program office in Hanoi and will work under direct supervision of the Director, Viet Nam Country Program. The internship duration is for 12 months and opens for Vietnamese national only.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Director, Vietnam Country Program, the Intern will have the following responsibilities:
Technical and analytical support
- Conduct desk research and manage a repository of key reference documents on relevant topics of the ongoing projects;
- Synthesizedesk research to provide most relevant information/inputs to support project delivery;
- Conduct desk research to support drafting of concept notes and project proposals by VCP;
Support CF capacity development activities
- Work closely with training coordinator and provide technical and coordination support in organizing training programs under various projects;
- Help preparing handouts for training program delivery and document the discussion notes in order to compile the training reports;
Monitoring and reporting
- Support training coordinator and CF partnership coordinator to collect the training alumni data and record them in alumni and event management database;
- Support training coordinator and CF partnership coordinator to put together reports of various projects and training event;
Other activities and related duties
- Assist in the organization and minute-taking of VCP meetings;
- Perform other tasks as required by the Director, Viet Nam Country Program.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The Intern will have the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor degree in forestry, natural resources management, international development, or related field
- Keen interest in research related to the above with good research skills
- Proven interest in Asia-Pacific environmental and/or social development issues
- Good English-language communication skills in both written and spoken forms
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with people at all levels in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment
- Demonstrated skills in documentation and knowledge management interventions
- Ability to work in a variety of cultural and institutional contexts
- Fundamental understanding of community forestry in the country and relevant technical topics such as climate change mitigation and adaptation, REDD+ and forest-based livelihoods
- Experience in at least one of RECOFTC’s focal countries
- Additional language skills (particularly in any of the languages of RECOFTC’s focal countries)
- Demonstrated technical skills in the production of communication products for print and/or online.
- Willingness to travel to RECOFTC focal countries, as and when required
How to apply
- Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the detailed curriculum vitae with letter of application in English, including copies of relevant certificates and reference, please send your application package to: firstname.lastname@example.org CC email@example.com .
- Deadline 25/01/2018
- Title: “RECOFTC_INTERN_Full name”
Applications will be treated in confidence. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs cannot be returned. Any question, please contact 024.3826.5118 (Mr. Thang or Ms. Quyen).