[HN] Trung Tâm Nông Nghiệp Nhiệt Đới Quốc Tế (CIAT) Tuyển Dụng Kế Toán 2018 (Hạn cuối: 31/01)
Accountant – CIAT ASIA
The International Center for Tropical Agriculture (www.ciat.cgiar.org) works to reduce hunger and poverty, and improve human nutrition in the tropics through research aimed at increasing the eco-efficiency of agriculture. CIAT is a member of the CGIAR Consortium (www.cgiar.org), a global partnership that unites organizations engaged in research for a food secure future. The Center’s research focuses on increasing productivity of key crops (cassava, common bean, rice, and tropical forages), reversing soil and land degradation, and using information to foster better decisions about issues such as climate change and environmental management. Headquartered near Cali, Colombia, CIAT has regional offices in Nairobi, Kenya, and Hanoi, Vietnam, with staff posted in other developing countries as well.
CIAT has worked for more than two decades in Southeast Asia on crops and systems research to improve farmer’s livelihood through more efficient and sustainable agriculture and livestock production. Currently, CIAT-Asia focuses on three science themes, including “Cassava value chains”, “Forages and Livestock” and “Systems and landscapes”. In addition, several crosscutting initiatives are being implemented such as climate change, value chains, and food systems research. Current project activities are implemented in Cambodia, China, Laos, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam. Furthermore, new research initiatives are foreseen for Myanmar and India.
CIAT Asia regional office in Hanoi is searching for an accountant to provide support to the Finance and Administration Unit of the region and CIAT global.
The position is available for a Vietnamese National and is based in Hanoi.
- Support the CIAT Asia Finance and admin officer in maintaining the financial records and statements of CIAT Asia regional office
- Support staff for the preparation of required documents to support financial transactions
- Process payments following the delegation of authority policy, including timely capture of expenditures, proper supporting documentation in accordance with the acceptable accounting practices and CIAT policies, directives and procedures, entry, forwarding for approval and replenishment
- Manage bookkeeping in the regional office and support the country offices
- Ensure timely comparisons between cash book and bank statements for reconciliations of bank accounts, petty cash, advances and liquidation
- Ensure timely posting of expenses and other transactions in Agresso
- Follow up with the CIAT-wide implementation of IFRS and application in the region
- Collate financial reporting materials for all projects and donors and oversee project and grants accounting
- Help prepare monthly financial reports at the institutional level and quarterly financial reports
- File office and projects administrative records related to finance, including purchases of assets and related employee files for processing payroll, insurance and pension
- Assist in conducting bank transactions and liaise with related external financial services
- Coordinate with CIAT Asia Finance and admin officer to review and revise the project budget when required and periodically
- Bachelor degree in accounting
- 1-2 year working experience in accounting and finance, preferably in government or non-government organizations
- Familiar with accounting softwares
- Proficient English skills
Terms of employment
The position is nationally recruited and will be based in Vietnam and report to Finance and Administrative Officer and Regional Administrative Coordinator. The initial contract will be for one (1) year, subject to a probation period of three (3) months, and is renewable depending on performanceand availability of resources. CIAT offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits. CIAT is an equal opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality. Woman candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position against the listed qualifications, competencies, skills together with a detailed curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All correspondence should be addressed to the CIAT Human Resources Office to Ms. Thuy Khuong (T.Khuong@cgiar.org CC firstname.lastname@example.org) and should clearly indicate “Application for Accountant position – CIAT Asia”. Closing date for applications: January 31, 2018.We invite you to learn more about us at: http://www.ciat.cgiar.org